Sunday, February 15, 2009

Improbabilities

Sometimes the world hands you a gift just at the exact moment you were expecting to fail. I moved to KC with no job but a 12 month apartment lease, and within a month I had 2 jobs and was on my feet. Crazy how taking a chance can make you grow by leaps and bounds. Having faith that 'everything will work out' actually has some validity, as it has worked for me every time so far.

I am sitting now in my living room, listening to H. stir in my bed because he woke up at 5 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep until 10. Needless to say, I was sleeping that entire time so now I am awake. We both try to be quiet to accommodate each other, since I have an L shaped studio so there are no walls and doors except for the bathroom.

Valentine's Day was awesome, H got me a rose/lilly bouquet and we drank with our buddies in the evening. One told me he could put new brakes on my car for $50, when it usually costs around $150-200. So that's awesome. Being the 'cool' girlfriend has finally given me something back. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment