There are several different available self storage marketing opportunities, both online and offline. Varying your marketing strategies can certainly make your overall marketing and advertising efforts generate a higher return on investment (ROI).
· Direct Mail: This may be a good strategy if you have access to a new homeowner or apartment tenant mailing list. Other instances where people may be a good targets for direct marketing are college students leaving school for the summer, as well as recent graduates.
· Social Media: Hosting social media exclusive specials, promotions, and events can be a great way to use this online marketing medium.
· In-Store Advertising: Having a billboard or sign outside the storage grounds can attract potential customers driving by. Additionally, advertising specials in the store (such as volume or referral specials) is also a good way to drum up business.
· Website: Having a website is a necessity for local businesses. Many potential customers look for self storage facilities online before deciding on one. A website can help your future tenants find you easily.
· Business Exchange: Partnering with other area small businesses can definitely be a great help. Choose businesses or properties where their customers would benefit from your facility, and vice versa. Such places include container and organizing stores, moving services, home stores, and more.
These are just some of the offline and online marketing strategies for self storage owners. Do you have any others? Let us know in the comments.
This post was sponsored by Scott Meyers' Self Storage Investing.