Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yay!

So, I emailed my boss at about 11:30 last night and told him that I would be coming in late to work this morning because I was having trouble sleeping (which is very true). Wednesday, I woke up and it seriously felt like I hadn't even slept at all...and I was exhausted all day.

I have been thinking about it, and I believe that my exhaustedness lasts in cycles- and I am only 'awake' either during or right after my meal times. This has led me to deduce that the food I am eating is not sustaining my body for the entire day, making it impossible to maintain a consistent level of energy.

Anyway, I set my alarm for 8:10 a.m. this morning and went to bed. And what do you know, I woke up naturally at 7:57 a.m. Wake up without an alarm clock is seriously the best feeling in the world-- I'm never tired, and I'm instantly alert.

So, I have decided some action plans that I'm going to try to take to make my life a little less exhausting.

First, I am going to get a new alarm clock (Charlie ate my other one- what a coincidence) that wakes you up gradually- that may be less harsh than a traditional one, more like a natural 'wake up'. Secondly, I am banning myself from eating anything fried. It's been my deep dark secret for a long while, my love affair with chicken nuggets or anything with the word "breaded" in the description. I feel like now it's time to bring it to light, realize how disgusting it is, and come to terms with the fact that yes, my stomach is hurting because of what I just consumed (french fries, nachos, wings), not because I'm "just full".

We'll see how I do.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I have an alarm clock that has different settings like birds chipping and chimes ringing. It is supposed to wake you up more naturally. I still have a hard time waking up, but it's definitely preferable to the harsh beeping of a regular alarm.

    ReplyDelete