Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year's Resolution

New Years resolutions are probably just as cliche as kissing your sweetheart at midnight, but I still end up making them. So this year, I've made 2 resolutions- to write more, both in my blogs and for extra income, and to start getting healthier.

I haven't picked up a waitressing shift at the restaurant I 'freelance' at for almost 2 months and this is because I have been doing ok with picking up enough 'freelance' writing jobs online to be fine financially. Of course, I'm still riding on my large income from my Yelp Scouting days because I got my last check in the beginning of December. It will definitely be interesting to see how it all pans out once I get into March, April, and so on.

As for my second resolution, it seems like every other week, New Years or not, I found myself making a resolution to be healthier. This year I've decided to try a new approach-- just being honest with myself. First, I will always drink pop. Yes, I'm aware of how unhealthy it is. But I'm also aware of how amazing it tastes. :)

I will also never give up my favorite foods, like cookies, Panda Express orange chicken, ice cream, etc. Sure, I don't have to have them every week, but I have found that I'm much for successful when I give into the random urges I have about once a week for something not-so-healthy than trying to ignore it by eating something else. I'd say about 90% of the time, I eat more calories in food that is 'healthier' instead of just eating what I wanted in the first place. Examples- 3 bags of 100-calorie pack Chips Ahoy cookie wafers instead of 1 regular-sized sugar cookie with milk (which is usually about 200 calories); or a small side of onion rings at Burger King (250 calories) instead of a larger salad (with dressing, can sometimes get up to 700 calories!). So, I'm making another "get healthy" resolution for 2009. But this time it includes eating in moderation, giving into my cravings (as long as they are for my favorite foods and are only about once per week), and exercising at least 3 times per week because of how great I feel afterwards.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment