Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Africa Stuff

After doing some exploring, I came across the website of Wangethi Mwangi, the editorial director of Nation Media Group, where Linus in my last post also works. Being an Editorial Director of any famous publishing company is certainly a dream job of mine! 

I love editing and writing, and I believe that it just takes time, experience, and a whole lot of networking to become recognized in this field. People can't climb the corporate ladder without knowing people who believe in them and their work. Wangethi Mwangi was in journalism before becoming Editorial Director, which was my original major when I started college. However, it is hard work to become a recognized journalist. A lot of long hours and boring assignments!

Anyway, maybe I'll become the American version of Wangethi Mwangi someday- an important Editorial Director who gives other hard-working passionate writers a shot at the big time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment