Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finally- Credit Cards in Cabs!


Whenever I’m forced to take a cab, it’s usually not by choice. It’s because I have no other alternative- mostly because I’m with other people who want to take a cab or I have been drinking and do not want to drive. Besides the added cost, I also don’t like taking cabs because I very rarely have cash and don’t want to go to an ATM. But, a man by the name of Amos Tamam has created technology that will allow cab drivers to take credit cards.

I figured that this has been a long time coming, but I’m guessing that the security of mobile credit swiping was most likely people’s top concerns. Amos Tamam has found a way to make it work.

Amos Tamam has a truly amazing story as well- he came to the United States as an immigrant and is literally living the American Dream. I’ve always heard stories about immigrants that come to New York City and are expected to learn the streets overnight in order to be cab drivers. It amazes me, as I still don’t know all the streets and highways of my metro! Anyway, I definitely hope his technology works and we’ll soon be seeing it in cabs all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment