Thursday, December 18, 2008

Owning a Business

There are so many business opportunities out there, especially if you have an entrepreneurial spirit, like Jared Metz does. Jared Metz has had his hands in several businesses, from organizing comedy festivals to creating a program to provide the swag bags at celebrity award shows. What a fun job that must have been!

If I was going to start a business, I definitely think that it would be a freelance writing or media production business. I could never do anything in the financial or banking industries, like Jared Metz is doing now- helping businesses get off their feet with loans.

Anyway, I guess if I wasn’t doing freelancing, I would own a bookstore- that would be my dream job. Unfortunately, I don’t really know a lot about owning a business- I think I’m going to take some classes at Park this spring semester about marketing and entrepreneurship so I’m more educated about business. And one day, you can come visit me in my bookstore, where I’m sitting behind the counter writing the next great American novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment